Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Something Different: Maryoku Yummy






©Armand Serrano and American Greetings.
Dug while organizing my hard drive. Three years ago, my friend Paitoon introduced me to Kelly Grupczynski, the creative director at American Greetings while they're starting on the Maryoku Project. Obviously totally different from what I do everyday. Viewed it as a challenge and did some designs for them to create the world where these cute, tiny creatures live in. Honestly it was a stretch since I'm not used to this cutsie, appealing-to-little girls kind of style. Hey, I learned from these and happy how they turned out. Enjoy.
@Armand Serrano and American Greetings.

6 comments:

Marcos Mateu said...

These are nice and playful Armand! very nice work!

Alberto Hernandez Jr said...

Wow these are great designs. I love how even though they are only in grey tones these scene have so much character.

Alessandra Sorrentino said...

Oh boy!!! Armand + cutsie style!?! I ADORE IT!!! :D

benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

super great concept dude

SHOo said...

Oh! I adore those!!

c.v.chakravarthy (cartoon artist) said...

designs very well....